We ask, we receive, we give. That is the proper order of Life and what it is to Live.
If we do not ask we do not receive. The Father wants us to ask, because He loves having conversations.
James 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
I have been thinking about life’s purpose with respect to my own life. A week ago I was talking with a brother and whatever it was we were discussing, it had to obviously be about our purpose(s) in this human journey. Without thought (by that I mean contemplating, mediating) I simply said that every person who was is or will be has the same purpose.
We are born into this life in order to be of service to one another. How we do this is dependent upon the gifts that each of us have received, and how we do this will change from time to time, according to how we exercise our gifts and according to how and when different gifts are opened up for each of us to use in employing these gifts in accord with the Divine Purpose.
Years ago, my father’s generation and before, most people had the same career or job for their entire life. That changed with my generation; certainly I am an example of a person who has done diverse things to make a living so far in my personal journey on planet earth.
BUT, in all of these changes and the jobs, careers or positions we hold in life, our life’s purpose remains the same. It is the golden thread that runs through every human being and is constant and never changing.
We live to give (be of) service to one another.
As I was meditating this morning I had a vision of the cross and of course was thinking about my best friend Yeshua. We have thought of the cross as being a symbol of death, but Spirit showed me it is a symbol of life.
The cross is a symbol of dying to self in order to live for others. The vertical aspect of the cross symbolizes you and I receiving from above (the Father) and it flows downward through us, anchoring us into the life giving soil of Mother who enriches us and together with the Father gives us answers for our health, whispers to us when we need to pay special attention to a certain aspect of our mind, body, and with Father, the Spirit – that need attention.
We receive anointing from above and nourishment from below. These are really not separate, for they flow through each other. What goes up must come down – but more than that I envision it as an eternal
circle of giving from above and below, interconnecting, flowing through one another, never ending and infinite.
The perpendicular aspect of the cross is you and me with our arms outstretched, sharing with humankind the things that we have received. Anchored in the Father and Mother, we never run out of what we need in order to fulfill our life’s purpose(s). As long as we remain in anchored mindfulness of who it is that is giving to us, we will never be depleted.
Oh, sure, the things in our lives might be chaotic and downright troublesome. But if you and I remember that we are children of the Most Divine Father and Mother, royalty, then we need not be concerned about our physical or mental or spiritual needs. Father and Mother know everything and these things will be provided as needed.
Remember the word is need and not want. We have such a tendency to want all kinds of things. Ultimately should I continue to crave what I do not have, until I possess it, this continual act of seeking to possess will ultimately end up with me having lots of possessions, and then out of the blue, the tables are turned:
I become possessed by my possessions.
Receive In Order to Give
Spirit spoke a simple truth to me this morning during meditation. She had me hear this simple truth that is now planted in the soil of my heart, and I share it with you. Perhaps it will be of help to you in simplifying your life, in not continuing to fret about life’s purpose(s) and what to do next.
If I am anchored today from above and below and all around, my life purpose is to consciously ask, with an open heart and arms open wide:
I ask and receive and I give to others – freely. She or he who receives freely, freely gives.
I am not necessarily speaking about things We can give in a variety of ways, such as:
- a phone call to someone
- a word of encouragement or congratulations
- a hug, a pat on the back, a warm embrace – we’re sharing positive light energy
- taking your dog out for a walk. Remember, if you are healthy and fully functional, you have received these as gifts and your gift to your loving family friend (animal) is to share by taking a walk or playing with them, etc.
- someone comes to mind, share a mental prayer with them as the Word arises within. Know that you are being told by Spirit they may need an extra hand in that moment.
- a smile for someone in the grocery lineup checkout instead of complaining. We don’t know what is going on in that person’s life and a friendly smile is medicine.
- talking, when prompted to do so, to the homeless person we pass on the street; or, simply saying hello. It’s an acknowledgment to that person who may be discouraged that you do see them, that they aren’t invisible.
- forgiving someone for being human and over-reacting to something you did or said, and vice versa, asking for their forgiveness
Yeshua on Giving – A Verse for Every Day of the Week
There are 22 verses in the scripture (KJV) resulting from a search of the words “Jesus” and “give”. That is a verse a day for the five working days of the week (5 x 4 weeks), and a verse for the Sabbath and Sunday. It is not my intent to suggest which verse on which day of the week.
Spirit will give us direction, speak as to which verse you or I should read. The numbering is simply the order in which they are found in the Bible. It could very well change, i.e. this Sabbath it might be Matthew 19:21 and next Saturday it could be Revelations 20:4.
- Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
- Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
- Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
- Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
- John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
- John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
- John 6:11 And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
- John 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;
- John 13:26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
- John 21:13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.
- Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
- Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- 1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
- Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Colossians 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
- 2 Thessalonians 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
- 1 Timothy 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
- 2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
- 1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
- Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Have a blessed moment and remember the cross. As Yeshua continually says to me these days, I share with you Spirit’s message for me as well as those who wish to receive it:
We’ve got this!